Land Rover Defender 90 Puma
- Date Treated by Before 'n' After: 04-08-2019
- Year of manufacture: 2009
- Transmission: Manual
- Mileage: 36000
- Engine: 2198 cc Diesel
- 10 year guarantee on corrosion treatment
- Classification: b) Up to 10 year old vehicles with usual amount of rust. Not expected to need re-treatment under the guarantee.
- This customer lives in Holyhead (by the sea) and tells me that he often goes up into the nearby Welsh mountains where the soils are the most corrosive in the uk. See this map of corrosive soil hotspots in the uk done for me by Cranfield soil survey: https://before-n-after.co.uk/aggr.html So I was expecting this car to be a classification d) , especially as the underneath looked a bit crusty at first glance. However, the underside has been saved from the worst ravages of salt and corrosive soils by having waxoyl applied by a local garage every two years. The customer tells me that some of these applications were a mixture of oil and waxoyl. I could see that the last application was pure waxoyl. Where the coating is still intact the paintwork is still pristine underneath. See picture 8 where I scraped some off. My coating will penetrate into this old coating and form an amalgam with it.