Land Rover Discovery 1 3 door
- Date Treated by Before 'n' After: 07-12-2019
- Year of manufacture: 1998
- Transmission: Manual
- Mileage: 85300
- Engine: 2.5 Diesel 300 Tdi
- 10 year guarantee on corrosion treatment
- Classification: d) Very rusty vehicles where I either find one instance of rot or where no rot is found but it is expected that the customer will have to bring back the vehicle for re-treatment at least once under the guarantee. These customers will have to pay an extra £100 for the guarantee and £200 for re-treatment under the guarantee.
- This must be the last D1 3 door that's not in the scrapyard! The Discovery 1 bodywork suffered badly from corrosion with side doors corroding all the way along, about 1 inch from the bottom due to bi-metal corrosion. (Inner pressing steel and outer - aluminium). The 3 door usually suffered similarly from corrosion all the way along the rear wing again caused by bi-metal corrosion and the fact that the rear wheels would throw muck and water past the rubber seal between the inner and outer wing. This car appears to have escaped. The owner is convinced that this is a genuine car that has not had corrosion bodged with filler and then a blow over. Let's hope that he is correct! There is some corrosion that needs welding and the customer will have to bring it back for me to finish. I will then replace the pictures of corrosion with pictures of repairs. It is crucial that the repairers make sure that there is a tight fit of the rubber seal with sits on the inner wing against the outer wing so that the wheels are not throwing silt into the cavity.